Wednesday 5 October 2011

Enjoying the light

I love daylight savings. Never mind that at the moment I can't get to sleep at night or up in the morning, it's worth it for those precious hours of warm, dewy, after work light.

This year, I'm determined to make the very most of it. This is my to do list:
  • Drink sangria and eat burgers at Rooftop Bar
  • Welcome the season with a weeknight laksa feast (done!)
  • Take long strolls Carlton Gardens with my lover
  • Eat in the courtyard by paper-bag lantern light, listening to Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons
  • Host grand night picnics with crotcheted blankets, gourmet cheese platters and citronella candles.
  • After-work gardening (one of my favourite kinds).
  • Window shopping on Gertrude Street
  • Moonlight Cinema at the Botanic Gardens.
  • Find the taco truck.
It's going to be a long, gorgeous* summer.

*I say this now, but you can bet that the moment the mercury reaches 30 degrees, I'll be grumpy, wilted and dreaming of the the comforts of winter.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment