Tuesday 27 April 2010

Pieces of a long weekend


Perfect, yet completely un-tended roses from our garden

If there's one benefit to full time work, it is surely that it forces you to fully contemplate the beauty, wonder and majesty of long weekends. This last one was pretty quiet for me, lunch and afternoon tea with a few friends, a bit of housework, some flower picking, snuggling away from the cold, lots of 30 Rock and Mad Men and the completion of a rather wonderful DIY project which I'll tell you all about as soon as I take a decent picture. Also:




My jonquil bulbs made a very unexpected appearance.




I baked Molly's famous lemon yoghurt love cake, and was rather delighted with the result.


I put roses in the bathroom. This is a habit I picked up from my mum, who incidentally isn't the world's most wonderful housekeeper, but clearly knows her flower placement. It makes the bathroom feel lovely and fresh. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment